St. Bartholomew's was the first parish to be established as Castlemilk began to grow and expand with new housing in the 1950s. The parish was established in 1955 and the church opened in 1958. In 2015, we are celebrating the 60th anniversary of the parish with a variety of events: spiritual and social.
Residential Retreat at Minsteracres Retreat Centre, 24-26th April 2015
A small group from the parish took part in a weekend residential retreat looking at our past, present and future as a parish community and reflected on the Easter scriptures to identify our experience of sharing the Gospel. The retreat was led by Fr. David and Sr. Bernadette Cassidy fma.
60th anniversary dinner at Celtic Park, 5th June 2015
166 people from the parish enjoyed a 3 course meal and entertainment at Celtic Park, celebrating the 60th anniversary of the parish. A great evening was enjoyed by all...as the photos show!
Peregrinatio Pro Christo, 6th-13th June 2015
During this week, a team of Legionaries (Legion of Mary) visited 1965 homes in our parish and each night we gathered in the church for prayer. Newsletter's were delivered by legionaries to every home in the parish boundary, and each day the legionaries returned to report on the welcome they received. Below are a few photographs of the events which took place during their visit.
Closing Mass and party night
And more about the party...
Anniversary Mass, Feast of St. Bartholomew, 24th August 2015
On the feast of St. Bartholomew, Archbishop Philip celebrated Mass with us for our Diamond Jubilee and Patronal Feast. A packed church gave testimony to the faith of our parish community over the years and the presence of priests who have served our community over the years bore witness to the spread of that faith.
And another party night....
The parish hall was the original church before our present church building was completed in 1958. During the summer months, the hall was refurbished and the closing celebration of our Jubilee year took place on Saturday 29th August. Enjoy!